Friday, March 11, 2011

Family Ski Trip to Colorado - February 9th

In February, Mima, Papa, Aunt Katie, Uncle Adam, Aunt Amy, Uncle Daniel, Baby Byron, Chris, Ethan, Becca and me took a family vacation to Steamboat Springs, Colorado. I grew up going skiing every winter and was very excited to share that tradition with Ethan. We all shared a great 4 bedroom condo and it was great to have the kids spend time with their aunts, uncles and new baby cousin, Byron.

The first order of business was to get sleds for those that weren't planning to go skiing. Of course, they had to be properly test ridden before they could go out into the snow... The kids were more than happy to try them out...


And the next order of business was to get bundled up and ready to hit the slopes


Becca was lovingly known as "Snow Beast" 

Much to our surprise and amazement we discovered that a moose had taken a liking to the trees right behind our condo.




So, once we found the moose, the next logical move was to immediately head outside and go sledding less than 50 feet away from it with 3 small children, right?? right?? yeah, this momma wasn't too keen on the idea, but was assured by all of the rest of the adults that we would be perfectly safe... still, I made sure I scoped out all emergency routes just in case I had to grab my babies and run... As it turned out, there were no moose incidents, and everyone had a great time sledding, but I still kept one eye on that moose at all times...


The moose was literally up on the snowbank above the sidewalk they were sledding down.... 
Look at my happy boy!!


I will post the pictures and videos of Ethan skiing in a different post... 

No comments:

Post a Comment