Monday, March 26, 2012

My smart boy! - March 4th, 2012

Ethan moved up from his Preschool II class to a J/K PREP class a few months ago. Since moving up, he has really blossomed in what he is learning and picking up at school. He has always enjoyed his books and reading, but now he is focused on wanting to know what ALL the words are around him every day and how to spell any word that pops into his brain. We are in a never-ending spelling bee in our house - "how do you spell TREE?" "How do you spell CAR?". He's also trying to figure out how to put letters together on his own to make words - my favorite is "what does E-I-O-P spell?". I have to keep telling him, those are just letters, not a word, but he is persistent in thinking that it MUST be a word. Silly boy... But, I LOVE his spirit and enthusiasm for wanting to learn as much as he can. Another development from the new class is that every day they practice writing their names and numbers in a journal and now he can't wait to come home and show us all how well he can write his name. My mom bought him a great dry-erase board that has all of the letters, numbers and shapes so he can practice to his little heart's content.  I am so proud of what a great little (BIG - as he keeps reminding me) guy he is becoming. He handled the transition just like he handles everything else in his life, like a pro. Even though none of his friends moved up with him, he was willing and able to make the move and has thrived in the new class and I love seeing his excitement for learning.



No comments:

Post a Comment